Seems like you never have a popsicle handy when you really want one. So, the smart move is to go ahead and pop them in the freezer now before that summer heat wave rolls around.
These lilac and lemonade popsicles are a definite upgrade from the artificial mystery flavors you had in popsicles as a kid. And, you can make them even more unique with your choice of raw & unfiltered Local Hive Honey to give them that local flavor.
Prep Time: 5+ Hours
Makes: 6 popsicles
1/3 cup Local Hive Honey
4 lemons, juiced (about 1/2 cup)
1 3/4 cup water
2 tsp organic lilac flowers (lavender also works great!)
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, warm the water until it’s almost boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in Local Hive Honey until fully dissolved. Stir in the lilac flowers and steep for 1–2 hours. Longer is better.
- Strain the mixture over a large glass measuring cup, removing all the lilac flowers.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and stir until well combined.
- Divide the popsicle mixture evenly between the six molds.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, you may need to run the molds under warm water until the popsicle releases from the mold.