Honey butter might be the only thing in the world better than raw & unfiltered local honey. Ever since we had it on a certain burger chain’s honey butter chicken biscuit, we’ve been wanting to put it on everything. This brownie recipe starts with a base of honey butter, which leads to a naturally sweet, rich flavor that’s just more satisfying than your typical box brownie mix.
If you’re new to baking with honey, check out our blog on replacing sugar with honey in your recipes.
Unbeatable Honey Butter Brownies
¼ cup butter
¾ cup Local Hive Honey (any will do, but we recommend Texas)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
4 tbsp cocoa powder
½ cup chopped nuts
½ cup chocolate chips
Makes 6–8 servings
Cook time: 20–30 minutes
- in a medium bowl, cream together butter and honey. Warm both slightly if needed.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9” x 9” baking pan. Pour batter in, then even it out smoothly.
- Bake at 325ºF for 20 minutes, then check consistency. If the edges aren’t crispy, bake for 5–10 more minutes until they are.