Honey is great any time of day – not just breakfast. And the proof is in incredible savory-sweet recipes like this one: Honey Garlic Chicken Legs. We love it as a way to mix up a weeknight staple like chicken legs into something really special. Any Local Hive Honey will do fine, but we recommend the mellow, bright Local Hive Midwest for a taste everyone will love.
This fun, family-favorite recipe comes to us from @katiescardiokitchen, a Washington, DC-based blogger and nurse who knows her way around a great homecooked meal. Check out her profile on IG for more easy recipes like this one.
INGREDIENTS1 package of 5 or 6 chicken legs
Salt and pepper
½ cup Local Hive Midwest Honey
¼ cup coconut aminos
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Sesame seeds and sliced green onion, for garnish
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Sprinkle chicken legs with salt and pepper.
3. Whisk Local Hive Midwest Honey, coconut aminos, lemon juice, brown sugar and garlic in a bowl. Dip each chicken leg into sauce and place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and brush remaining glaze on each chicken leg.
5. Bake for 12–15 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Broil for 2–4 minutes for extra crispiness.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.