Honey Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
We’ve been at this a long time, and we’re still nowhere near to running out of recipes featuring the delicious sweetness of raw & unfiltered honey. It just makes everything better.
But honey is sweet, so honey desserts are always the first thing we go to. When we asked our friends over at @sweetmelibakery for some honey dessert recipes, they didn’t disappoint. Melissa came in clutch with some mouthwatering oatmeal cookies with honey, using simple ingredients that most bakers have lying around the pantry.
The trick to amazing oatmeal honey cookies? Using the right honey. Local Hive Washington Raspberry is r e a l l y sweet. It has just the right hint of raspberry flavor thanks to the raspberry nectar that those bees in Washington collected, plus a rich, velvety texture that gives these cookies a little specialty honey sweetness.
INGREDIENTS1 ¼ cups brown sugar, packed
¼ cup sugar
14 TBSP unsalted brown butter
2 TBSP Local Hive Washington Raspberry Honey
2 large eggs, room temp
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
DIRECTIONS1. Begin by cutting butter into cubes. Next, in a heavy sauce pan heat butter over medium heat to begin the browning process. Stir constantly until the butter begins to turn golden brown and foamy. Once the butter has reached that beautiful golden-brown color, remove from the heat and place into a heat-safe bowl.
2. While butter cools, sift your dry ingredients. Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper.
3. Once butter has cooled: in a large bowl, combine brown butter, sugars, egg, honey and vanilla. Whisk until combined. Add sifted dry ingredients and oatmeal. Whisk until combined. Do not over-mix. Add chocolate chips and whisk until combined. Do not over-mix.
4. Cookies need to be baked right away, as dough does not store well. Drop the dough into ¼-cup-sized balls or use an ice cream scoop. Then, with the palm of your hand or a measuring cup, press down on the cookie dough balls to flatten just a bit.
5. Add chocolate chips on top. Bake 6 at a time for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
6. Once the cookies are ready, you can fix the shape to make them perfectly round by using a round cookie cutter or a big cup. Add more chocolate chips on top and allow the cookie to cool completely.