As every part of the country is shaken by the COVID-19 crisis, we’re reminded why we do what we do: to provide for people. The best thing we can do right now is make sure people have the food they need. So, we will provide our raw & unfiltered honey and work to keep it on shelves nationwide.
We will provide for our beekeepers, suppliers, retailers and customers while ensuring the safety of our employees and their families. Right now, our incredible employees are working tirelessly to fulfill orders. They know that they are bringing a much-needed bit of sweetness in these tough times. We will provide for them, because they provide so much for us.
Now more than ever, we need to help each other. Every bottle of Local Hive supports American beekeepers, who in turn support farmers, grocery stores, communities – all of us. By providing for each other, we will all get through this together.
With that in mind, we are taking great care to ensure the safety of our employees and customers:
- Our bottling facility is SQF Edition 8.0 Certified – just like always. This is the highest level of certification for food safety & cleanliness, and how we make sure our honey always stays pure and safe for everyone.
- We’ve asked all employees to stay home if they’re sick, showing symptoms or if they’ve come in close contact with anyone who is sick. All employees who stay home will continue to get paid and will not be docked for sick time.
- All of our employees are able to bring their children to work so they don’t have to worry about childcare. We’ve provided a safe, hygienic room for children to hang out in, with plenty of games, movies, books and toys.
- We are retraining employees on all recommended procedures to avoid contamination and following our food safety programs already in place. Employees have been instructed to remain six feet apart, regularly wash their hands for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching their face.
- We are sanitizing shared spaces multiple times every day and checking for good air flow in and out. All employees who work on the production floor are required to put on a new pair of gloves and face mask before they step onto the floor.
- We’re holding company-wide meetings every morning to provide daily updates on COVID-19.