New England Honey Cornbread Muffins
What are you bringing to the table for Thanksgiving this year?
If your witty personality alone isn’t cutting it anymore, we have a cornbread recipe for you that’ll It’s sweet, filled with honey and easy to make. Honestly, the only con is that they’re so delicious, you won’t have any leftovers to help enhance your microwaved turkey.
Let’s get straight into it. Here’s everything you need to impress your family and friends this Thanksgiving.
INGREDIENTS1 cup gluten-free cornmeal
1 cup cassava flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
1/4 cup unsalted butter (or dairy-free alternative), melted
1/4 cup Local Hive New England Honey (It’s super smooth with a sweet kick of berry that will take things up a notch.)
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat your oven to 375°F
2. Grease or line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Combine the gluten-free cornmeal, cassava flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix; a few lumps are okay.
6. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 18-20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
8. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
9. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
10. Drizzle a bit of honey on top of each muffin and serve!