It may be heating up out there, but honey can help you cool off. These summery honey popsicles are easy to whip up, pop into the freezer and save for a sunny day. With blended yogurt, peaches, raw honey and just a hint of vanilla, these aren’t your ordinary popsicles. They pack plenty of peachy punch and are sure to pop at your patriotic 4thof July party or picnic.
Plus, if you’re feeling adventurous, you can mix these up with whatever fruit you happen to have on hand: strawberries, blueberries and raspberries all make great complements to our local honey’s raw and unfiltered sweetness – and tasty frozen popsicles.
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced into ½-inch wide wedges
- 6 tbsp Local Hive Honey
- 1 dash sea salt
- 2 cups full fat/whole milk plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer sliced peaches to the baking sheet and gently toss with 2 tbsp of honey and a dash of salt. Arrange the peaches in a single layer.
- Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway, or until the peaches are soft and juicy. Check that the peaches are softening along the edges and in the center.
- While the fruit is roasting, blend together the yogurt, remaining honey, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Check now if you need to add more honey or vanilla extract – you may want sweeter popsicles.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator to cool. Then, scrape the peaches and their juice into the bowl of yogurt. Use a big spoon to gently fold the mixture together.
- Use the spoon to transfer the yogurt blend into the popsicle mold. You might have to push the peach slices down into the molds, but they shouldn’t be too stiff after roasting. Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for at least four hours.
- When you’re ready to pop out the popsicles, run warm water around the outsides of the molds for about ten seconds and gently remove the popsicles.
For your popsicle mold, you might try this BPA-free set.
Recipe provided by Cookie and Kate.