Looking for a light and sweet treat this afternoon? We’ve sampled quite a few recipes from all and have found some delicious snacks you can prepare with your favorite Local Hive Honey. This Honey Apple Cake is the perfect pick-me-up, and when prepared with our raw and unfiltered honey, you can be sure you’re in for a treat.
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of your favorite Local Hive honey
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped Golden Delicious apples
- Honey Sauce
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan; sprinkle bottom of pan with 1/4 cup pecans. Set aside.
- Beat sugar, oil and your favorite honey at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in vanilla, remaining 3/4 cup pecans, and apple. Spoon over pecans in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan, and place on a wire rack over wax paper. Pour 1/2 cup Honey Sauce over warm cake. Cool.
- Heat remaining Honey Sauce; serve with cake and, if desired, ice cream.
Recipe provided by MyRecipes.