This week’s recipe was suggested on a recent Local Hive Facebook post by one Ms. Patricia Burrett. We haven’t tried it ourselves just yet, but with cream cheese frosting and sweetness from raw honey, these cupcakes are bound to be an instant family favorite. As with any baking recipe, things can easily go awry, so make sure to follow the instructions closely and brush up on your baking basics if you need.
1/2 cup room temp butter
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp dried lavender
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup milk
8 oz room temp cream cheese
2 tbsp room temp butter
¼ cup honey
½ tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, lavender and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-to-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, honey and vanilla; beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition until mixture is combined.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin tins, filling each about half full.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Keep the cupcakes in the muffin tin and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin tins.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, honey and vanilla with the mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, beating well.
- Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar until it reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost the completely cooled cupcakes with the honey frosting.
- Sprinkle with more lavender.
Recipe by Patricia Burrett.