Our raw & unfiltered honeys have flavors that stand out, but they still mix with other perfectly well. Since each honey has unique flavor notes, the right one can bring out the best in a craft cocktail. These four recipes are some of our favorite ways to feature honey and spice up our typical artisanal sips.
- ½ cup Local Hive Southeast Honey
- ¼ cup hot water
- 6 dashes Cholula Hot Sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 oz fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 oz honey syrup
- 2 oz tequila or white rum
- In a small container, combine the Local Hive Southeast Honey and hot water and stir until completely mixed.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Cholula sauce, cayenne pepper, lime juice, honey syrup and spirit.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with a lime wedge and dusting of cayenne pepper.
Texas Hot Toddy
- 1 oz Garrison Brothers Bourbon
- 1 1/4 ounces lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 oz Local Hive Texas Honey
- 3 oz hot water
- Rosemary sprig (for garnish)
- Lemon wheel (for garnish)
- Grated nutmeg (for garnish)
- Add the bourbon, lemon juice, Local Hive Texas Honey and hot water to a teacup and stir to combine.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig, lemon wheel and grated nutmeg.
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 oz Local Hive Great Lakes Honey
- 1 3/4 ounces Absolut Ruby Red vodka
- 1 1/4 ounces cranberry juice
- Garnish: rosemary sprig
- Muddle the lime wedge, rosemary sprig and Local Hive Great Lakes Honey in a shaker.
- Add the vodka, cranberry juice and ice. Shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
Eau de Lavender
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila
- 3/4 oz Fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz Local Hive So Cal Honey
- 1 oz water
- 1 egg white
- 1 dash Scrappy’s lavender bitters
- Lavender sprig (for garnish)
- Heat 1 oz Local Hive So Cal honey and 1 oz water to a small saucepan over medium heat to make honey syrup.
- Add all ingredients into a shaker and dry shake (without ice).
- Add ice and shake again to emulsify thoroughly.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lavender sprig.