Chicken with Rosemary, Lemon & Olives
This Chicken with Rosemary, Lemon & Olives recipe comes to us courtesy of Arshena AKA @week.end.cook. We love how the garlic, olives and herbs combine into captivating Mediterranean flavors. By pan frying the chicken, you can easily and quickly make enough for the whole family.
She created this delightful dish that brings out the best in our Nor Cal Honey. With its citrus pollen and rich, fruity flavor, it’s the perfect complement to the spices in Arshena’s recipe.
INGREDIENTS2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 2-3” slices
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1” ginger, grated
3 sprigs of rosemary
6 cloves of garlic, pressed
1 lemon, zested and 1/2 juiced
1 onion, sliced thinly
2 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup olives
1 tbsp Local Hive™ Nor Cal Honey
DIRECTIONS1. Season chicken with paprika, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, ginger, salt and pepper.
2. Lightly coat a cast iron skillet with vegetable oil and heat over medium. Add rosemary.
3. In batches, pan fry chicken 2-3 minutes per side. Then, remove rosemary & chicken and set aside.
4. Add onion and cook 5 minutes.
5. Add garlic and stir until combined.
6. Add broth, honey, lemon zest and olives. Whisk to combine.
7. Add reserved rosemary back to skillet.
8. Allow mixture to simmer until it thickens to desired consistency, 10-15 minutes.
9. Squeeze in the juice from half a lemon and stir.
10. Gently place chicken back in skillet along with accumulated juices and remove from heat.