Honey Piña Colada Granola
If you like:
1) Piña coladas
2) Getting caught in the rain
...you’re going to love this recipe. We’ve been putting it on everything. No, seriously, we mean everything. Yogurt, milk, oatmeal... or you know, just shoving handfuls of it straight into our mouths. It’s delish, healthy and makes the perfect snack or yogurt topping.
Raw & unfiltered honey helps stick all that good stuff together, and choosing the right local flavor helps add more tastiness to every crumble. For this recipe, you can find your perfect honey blend by taking our honey finder quiz.
Here’s everything you need for this honey granola. Make it and prepare to Escape.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN
BAKE TIME: 25 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
INGREDIENTS• 3 cups rolled oats
• 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
• 1 cup chopped dried pineapple
• 1/2 cup chopped dried coconut (unsweetened)
• 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
• 1/4 cup Local Hive Honey (We recommend our Florida blend for this)
• 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional, for an extra coconut flavor)
• A pinch of salt
DIRECTIONS• Preheat your oven to 325°F and grease a large baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
• In a bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and coconut extract (if using). Whisk until blended.
• In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, shredded coconut, dried pineapple, dried coconut, and chopped macadamia nuts.
• Combine the two bowls and make sure all the dry ingredients are coated with the honey and coconut oil mixture. Add in a pinch of salt and mix again.
• Spread the granola mixture evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a spatula to press down and create an even layer.
• Bake for about 20—25 minutes. Stir once after about 10—12 minutes to make sure the granola turns evenly golden brown.
• Once the granola is out of the oven, let it crisp up on the baking sheet as it cools.
• Enjoy! Once the granola is completely cooled, transfer it to an airtight container for storage.