Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a magical food. They’re eminently cravable but still have plenty of nutritional benefit thanks to their high fiber and vitamin content. To make them even more tempting, try this simple honey-lemon coating featuring our full-bodied, strongly flavored raw & unfiltered Texas varietal honey.
The trick is getting enough to coat the sweet potatoes so that you can taste the lemony, honey goodness in every bite. The ingredients below are good enough to feed 4, with each person getting a half pound of sweet potato – plenty, if you ask us. Simply half the ingredients if you’re feeding 2 (roughly half a sweet potato each) or add more as needed to feed a larger group.
INGREDIENTS2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1/4 cup Local Hive Texas Honey
Salt and pepper
Rosemary, thyme, or other herbs (optional)
DIRECTIONS1. Preheat oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
2. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and olive oil. Reduce heat. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and honey. Mix and simmer on low heat for about a minute.
4. Pour the mix over the sweet potatoes. Toss to coat thoroughly.
5. Spread sweet potatoes across the baking sheet in a single layer. If you like, sprinkle with rosemary, thyme or another herb of your choice.
6. Roast sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, then check them for doneness. They may need to cook up to 5 more minutes. When they’re done, remove them and serve hot.