How to Make Honey Caramel Sticky Buns
With everyone coming home for the holidays, you’re going to need breakfast treats that make kids and adults alike jump out of bed. This easy fall recipe is sure to have everyone swarming to the kitchen table.
These sticky, fluffy buns paired with our raw and unfiltered honey is a fun remix on cinnamon rolls. Plus, you can make them in advance before baking them in the morning.
- 2 teaspoons [instant yeast](https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/saf-red-instant-yeast-16-oz) or active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups [King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour](https://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/king-arthur-unbleached-all-purpose-flour-5-lb)
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite [Local Hive honey](https://shop.localhivehoney.com/products/local-colorado-1)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, and/or almonds
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
DIRECTIONS1. To make the dough: Mix and knead the dough ingredients by hand, with a mixer, or in a bread machine using the dough cycle. Knead until smooth, cover, and let rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2. To make the topping: In a small saucepan, heat and stir the brown sugar, honey, and butter until the sugar is dissolved. Spread on the bottom of a greased 8″ square pan. Sprinkle with the nuts; set aside.
3. To make the filling: Stir together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, and flour to make a spreadable paste.
4. To shape the buns: After the dough has risen, deflate it and roll into a 10″ x 12″ rectangle. Spread the filling over the surface, and sprinkle with the raisins. Starting with a long side, roll the dough into a log and pinch the edge of the lengthwise seam together. Cut into 9 equal slices.
5. Place the buns cut side down in the prepared pan. Flatten each bun with your fingers until they’re barely touching each other. Cover and let rise until light and doubled in bulk; about 1 hour. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat oven to 375°F.
6. Bake the buns for 30 to 35 minutes or until they’re a deep, golden brown, tenting the top with foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Remove them from the oven and invert the pan immediately onto a large plate. Remove the pan and scrape any topping left in the bottom onto the buns. Let cool for 20 minutes before eating so you don’t burn your mouth on the sticky stuff. Serve with a side of your favorite [Local Hive varietal](https://shop.localhivehoney.com/products/local-colorado-1).
To make in advance: follow the recipe up through assembling the rolls in the pan, then cover without letting them rise and store overnight in the fridge. The next morning, while you preheat the oven, take them out of the fridge. When the oven’s ready, uncover and bake. The rolls may need an extra 10 minutes to cook all the way through this way.
Recipe and image provided by: [King Arthur Flour](https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/honey-caramel-sticky-buns-recipe)