When you’ve got great honey, it’s crazy how many ways you’ll find to use it. We love this easy recipe for honey-sriracha meatballs because 1) it’s easy and 2) it really mixes things up thanks to that Local Hive Honey flavor.
Instant Pots (AKA slow cookers) make it simple to make awesome recipes like this one, and a touch of sweet Local Hive Honey and spicy sriracha really take them up a notch. Make sure to serve ‘em on a fresh-cooked bed of rice or noodles and you’ve got an easy go-to recipe that makes for a seriously full meal.
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup panko crumbs
- Honey Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup cold water
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp Local Hive Northeast Honey Blend
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds (for garnish)
DIRECTIONSTo Make Meatballs:
- Finely mince green onions and garlic. The smaller, the better.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg thoroughly. Then, add the ground turkey, green onions, garlic, panko crumbs, salt and pepper, making sure to spread seasonings around throughout the turkey. Mix until combined into golf-ball-sized balls.
- Add 2 tsp olive oil to a non-stick pan on medium heat. Place 1/3 of the meatballs in the pan at a time, giving them enough space so they don’t steam. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until nicely browned.
- Once meatballs are browned, but not cooked through, remove from heat and place them directly in the slow cooker.
- Meatballs can be made in advance and stored overnight in the fridge or frozen for up to a
- In a medium bowl, add garlic, Local Hive Northeast Honey Blend, hoisin, sriracha sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, thoroughly mix cold water and cornstarch. Add the cornstarch mixture to the Local Hive Honey sriracha sauce and mix well. Add more sriracha if you like things spicy.
- Add meatballs and honey sriracha sauce to the slow cooker. Stir to coat every meatball with sauce. Set your Instant Pot to high and cook covered until the meatballs reach 165º – about 2.5–3 hours. If cooking frozen meatballs, you’ll need to cook them for 3–4 hours on high.
- During the last half hour of cooking, let some steam out by lifting the lid up a bit with a wooden spoon. (This helps thicken the sauce.)
- Before serving, stir the meatballs to coat evenly with the sauce and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
To Make Honey Sriracha Sauce: