The distinct floral notes in our local honey can put a new spin on any sweet treat, no matter how simple. Today, we’re warming up an easy dessert perfect for holiday parties with family, friends, or coworkers––everyone will want a bite! Make sure to try them while they’re hot, because these local honey vanilla sugar cookies will be ready fast and gone even faster.
(Makes about 24 cookies)
- ½ cup Local Hive Honey
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 lb. cold butter
- Beat the sugar and butter on high until fluffy, between 7 – 8 ½ minutes.
- Scrape beans from 2 vanilla bean pods and set aside.
- Beat together honey, egg, egg yolk, vanilla beans, and extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking powder. Then add in the rest of the beaten ingredients and mix well. You should have a dough-consistency.
- Sprinkle a cutting board or other clean area with powdered sugar (No flour).
- Roll out dough and cut into your holiday shapes.
- Freeze the unbaked dough for about 6 minutes so it can firm up, then place on parchment paper.
- Bake at 350º for 9-11 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Scrape the beans from the vanilla bean pod and set aside. Beat the honey, vanilla, and vanilla beans together, then beat in half the powdered sugar. Beat in the half and half. Add the remaining powdered sugar and beat until well-mixed.
- Cut the cold butter into small pieces and add it a little bit at a time, mixing with a whisk attachment on high speed or by hand. Beat on high speed for 9 minutes, or until it looks fluffy.
- Decorate your holiday cookies and add sprinkles or other edible decorations and enjoy!