Easy Honey Suckers
For a tasty summer treat to satisfy you sweet fix, nothing beats raw and unfiltered honey. Honey makes a delicate, subtle sweetener for just about any dish–sweet, salty or both–but in candy, its rich, nuanced flavors are front and center. These simple and sweet honey suckers are an easy way to taste the different flavor notes in any of our honey varietals and only take a few minutes to whip up. Once they cool, you’ll be savoring the bee’s best work in no time.
Makes 15-20 lollipops
INGREDIENTS1 cup sugar
1/3 cup Local Hive Honey
2 tbsp water
5 drops lemon essential oil
Hard candy lollipop molds
DIRECTIONS1. Place the sugar, honey and water into a large pan.
2. Over medium heat, stir the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until the sugar has completely dissolved.
3. Once the sugar has dissolved, place the candy thermometer in your pan and allow the mixture to reach a boil. Let it boil until it reaches 295 degrees.
4. While you wait, prepare your candy molds by spraying them with non-stick spray and adding the lollipop sticks. Add sprinkles to the bottom of the mold if desired. Immediately after the candy reaches the hard crack stage, pour it into a heat-resistant measuring cup. Note: The mixture is extremely hot. Be careful not to burn yourself!
5. Add the lemon essential oil and stir.
6. Carefully pour the mixture into your lollipop molds.
7. Twist the lollipop sticks to make sure they are fully coated on the back of the mixture.
8. Let the lollipops rest for at least 30 minutes before removing from the mold.
9. Store in plastic wrap or decorative bags to prevent a mess.
Recipe provided by Sarah Titus.