Let’s end 2022 with a bang… well Bang-Bang Shrimp that is. Crispy, crunchy battered shrimp covered in a sweet and spicy sriracha sauce. The best part is you probably have all the sauce ingredients in your pantry… that’s right no Thai chili sauce. Check out the recipe from Eden Nosel with TheBoldAppetite.
- 1 tbsp of Local Hive Texas Blend honey
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 heavy pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup panko plain, unseasoned
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined, patted dry
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- sesame seeds
- oil, canola or vegetable
- Combine the sauce ingredients (honey, sriracha, mayo, cayenne, and salt).
- Combine breading ingredients (panko, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt) in a large bowl.
- Add about 1 inch of oil to a pot, and heat it over medium heat to 350°F, using a thermometer.
- Salt the clean, patted dry, deveined shrimp with a heavy pinch of salt. Soak the shrimp in 1 cup of buttermilk for 5 minutes. Transfer and toss in the breading to thoroughly coat the shrimp. Do not bread in advance, the shrimp will absorb the cornstarch resulting in a thin less crispy breading.
- Once the oil has hit 350°F degrees carefully drop in the shrimp one by one in a single layer with room between each shrimp. Do not over crowd the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes (depending on the size) while maintaining the temp. Once done place on a drying rack while you cook the next batch.
- When all the shrimp are done place in a bowl with a generous amount of sauce. Toss to coat. Top with fresh cilantro, and sesame seeds. Serve as an appetizer as is or over rice.